Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Anime: Best anime

  1. #11
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good, the anime that got me into this madness was Saint Seiya. You don't know how i ended hating the Pegasus saint...

    SPOILERS FOR SAINT SEIYA HADES SAGA
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Cool that in the first episode of the Hades Saga Mo of Jamir finished him
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    EOS:

  2. #12
    Inactive Member SmellyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favourite anime is Macross.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member DarkLinkClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2002
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently watched a couple episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and I have to say it's probably going to end up as one of my top favorite animes (not very impressive remark considering that I'm a anime newbie.): however, I never really got into the EVA series (didn't like the philosophical and psychological aspects cause they didn't seem original, innovative, or inspiring...)

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Mitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2002
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Top three anime series:
    #1. Inuyasha
    #2. Yami no Matsuei
    #3. Fruits Basket

    Top three movies:
    #1. Nadesico: Valley of the wind
    #2. Inuyasha: Toki o Koeru Omoi
    #3. Spirited Away

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks to everybody for your opinions. I've made a table with them, and it seems that your general preference is:

    Anime:
    1. Slayers
    2. Evangelion
    3. Cowboy Bebop
    4. Shoujo Kakumei Utena
    (all four very close to each other and ahead of the others)

    Movies:
    1. End of Evangelion
    2. Grave of the Fireflies
    3. Utena (the movie)
    4. Violinist of Hameln (the movie)
    (the first one with a HUGE advantage over everything else, I'll definitely try to find it)

    I'll look for these series/movies (especially EoE), but I'll take some others in consideration too.

    Oh, and BTW, can somebody tell me whether if EoE has a nice ending or not? Don't tell me any details, just if the ending is happy or not, and please mark it (it's a spoiler, even if I'm asking for it). Thanks in advance [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    First half of Evangelion TV sereis is fun and loighthearted,s econds serious fdeals w/psychological issue,sa nd is depressing.

    Movie's VERY pyschologica, confusing, and extremely depressign

    *SPOILERS!*!
    !!
    !
    !

    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !

    !
    !
    !


    Everyone but 2 people die

    *!*!*!

    !
    !
    !

    !
    !

    !
    !
    !
    *EOS*

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info!

    *END OF EVANGELION SPOILERS!!!!*

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    [Removes EoE from list [img]smile.gif[/img] ]

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    *EOS*

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Mitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2002
    Posts
    534
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
    Oh, and BTW, can somebody tell me whether if EoE has a nice ending or not? Don't tell me any details, just if the ending is happy or not, and please mark it (it's a spoiler, even if I'm asking for it). Thanks in advance [img]smile.gif[/img] .</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I personally hated the ending to EoE. It's the exact opposite of 'happy ending.' If you ever watch the movies by the end of REBIRTH you'll probably be left with many unanswered questions (like I was) and you'll be extremely depressed if your attached to any of the characters.

    The ending to the TV series was much better, but that's only in my opinion.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I couldn't stant TV ending. I lvoe EoE though, even though it depressed me :/

  10. #20
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You should not remove EoE from your list. After all the things Xell said about Evangelion, and things i read out there in magazines, i got to understand it. The truth is that all the Eva series is a metaphore of the human relationships from the point of view of a kid who don't want to have relations with others to begin with... (i won't enter in detail)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •